Friday, October 8, 2010

Censorship and Banned Books!

I've just read this heartbreaking post that I think everyone should check out. It will take between 10-20 minutes to read...but PLEASE do. People need to know what is going on in the world.

Click HERE

We all know about the Scroggins article that's floating around the blogsphere at the moment and this is another contiuation of that. It absolutely appauls me that some people are such control freaks that they grasp to take others choices away from them.

David Gill, in the comments of the above post commented with this; "Censorship is about power, not about content." How utterly true.

What these uppity religious parents don't understand is that books to us, are like prayer is to them.

We should rally to take away prayer in public from those people directly involved in the blatant bullying of this teacher. Let's see how they like being in the shoes of these students. Controlled, choice-less and unable to participate in activites they enjoy and believe in.

**Note - this is just my opinion :) Don't hold it against me and I won't hold yours against you :-D

2 comments:

Rebecca Cofie said...

I've have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award.

Copy and paste the Link to view:

http://thelotuslibrary.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

ReggieWrites said...

Hi Emma!

Reggie from THE UNDERCOVER BOOK LOVER here! I couldn't find your email so I'm contacting you through here. Regarding your question of US Only auctions...the bidders don't pay for shipping. Some auctions that I've posted are international though...such as the Lipstick Laws Prize Pack which is amazing! It releases next year! There are more international auctions to come so keep an eye out =)

Thanks for asking!

Reggie =)